Wednesday, December 22, 2010

somewhere between a dream and prayer


At night before I go to sleep I like to pray. I usually ask God to protect my family more specifically my brother where ever he may be. To give him eyes on the back of his head, to give him an instinct that sets off his spiritual alarm when he is in danger. To keep my family healthy. To keep my dad's heart healthy and all the vessels functioning properly. For my sister to forgive. For me to change, be better, closer, and eventually I fall asleep. I often pray myself to sleep and when I wake up one of my first thoughts is "thank you Jesus" and I pray some more and might fall asleep again. Somewhere in between a prayer and a dream I dreamt that I was introducing my children. "This is Ezra," I said..."and this is my daughter Risa." Then all of a sudden I was wide awake. Risa? I thought with a smile. That means laughter in Spanish. What a perfectly beautiful name for any child of mine don't you think? So when that day comes I can tell my daughter that somewhere between a prayer and a dream I was introduced to my daughter Risa who I knew would bring me such joy.

2 comments: