Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where I'm from


I am from hand stitched baby quilts, from Ariel laundry detergent.

I am from sibling filled rooms, curly hair, bilingual, fresh baked bread in the morning.

I am from the coconut tree, hibiscus, and butterflies in the backyard, the mango tree, dandylion, black sand beaches.

I am from picnics on the weekends, and full lips from Donna and from Magdalena, from Bart James and Diana Esmeralda and the Stinsons.

I am from loyalty and laughter.

From "your head is hard" and "prechet."

I amd from church on sunday and really knowing the hand of God in my life.

I am from Guam, wales, ireland, panama, talamanca, from coconut rice and cottage cheese and tomatoes.

From the vision dad had from God while driving home and wondering how he even made it, and Michel saving my life at the age of 14 after I was trampled by a horse.

I am from dusty bookshelves, boxes, treasures lost, I amd from memories now holy recorded in my heart, and the tears and sobs that pour out of him when he has to say goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love this! :)

    I love the line "loyalty and laughter" Yes you are!

    ReplyDelete